The watercolour opening of the II. Watercolour Festival Castra 2017 will take place on Saturday, August 26th, at 6:00 p.m. at Lokarjeva Gallery. The award issuing will take place the same day at 8.30 p.m. in the castle cellar in Vipavski križ.
On this occasion, we are pondering upon organizing a Watercolour Ex-Tempore on medieval town of Vipavski križ between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m if there are enough artists interested. The arising artworks will be exhibited as a public display in the centre of Vipavski križ until 9:00 p.m. The best watercolours will be symbolically awarded. Upon the exhibition, the watercolours will be returned to the artists.
We please all artists interested in taking part of the Ex-Tempore to confirm their participation as soon as possible to our E-mail email@example.com due to the organisation of the event.
V soboto, 26. avgusta, ob 18.00 uri bomo v Lokarjevi galeriji v Ajdovščini odprli razstavo akvarelov II. mednarodnega festivala akvarelov Castra 2017. Podelitev nagrad in priznanj bo isti dan ob 20.30 v grajski kleti v Vipavskem križu.
Ob tej priložnosti razmišljamo, da bi na isti dan v Vipavskem križu organizirali ex-tempore v akvarelu (v kolikor bo dovolj zanimanja) z motivi srednjeveškega Vipavskega križa med 9. in 15. uro. Nastala dela bi bila na ogled javnosti v središču Vipavskega križa do 21. ure. Najboljši akvareli bodo simbolično nagrajeni. Po končani razstavi ostanejo akvareli v lasti avtorjev.
Prosimo vse zainteresirane, ki bi se želeli udeležiti ex-tempora, da svojo namero zaradi same organizacije dogodka čim prej potrdite na naš elektronski naslov firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Tuesday, June 20th, 2017, after having checked all watercolour works that had arrived, the jury chose six authors for the following awards:
The 1st award for 1,200 EUR goes to Al-Lami Salim Mathkour – Iraq
The 2nd award for 900 EUR goes to Luka Popič – Slovenia
The 3rd award for 700 EUR goes to Pawel Gladkow – Poland
The 4rd award for 600 EUR goes to Trond Einar Solberg Indsetviken – Norway
The 5rd award for 500 EUR goes to Natalia Studenkova – Ukraine/Slovakia
The 6rd award DLUSP (solo exhibition at the Lokar Gallery) goes to Berko – Slovenia
In addition to the awards, the jury also awarded five diplomas. Diplomas are received by:
- Anna Ivanova – Russia
- Massimiliano Iocco – Italia
- Olga Kharchenko – Russia
- Nataša Tajnik Stupar – Slovenia
- Javier Zorrilla – Spain
We congratulate all the winners!
The awards will be paid out after the opening of the exhibition in October. The winners will be notified via email about the details.
The contest Castra 2017 is open to all artists, in all watercolour techniques.
- Every author can apply to this exhibition via email email@example.com with four photos of their watercolours. The quality of the photos should not be smaller than 2 M pixels and not bigger than 3 M pixels. Photos should be sent by May 7th, 2017.
- The jury will acknowledge the authors by May 12th, 2017.
- The signed works should be sent by a registered air-mail as PRINTED MATTER in a simple package, without frame or passe-partout, declaring »NO COMMERCIAL VALUE« and »PRINT«, before June 2nd, to:
- The watercolour paper size must not be bigger than 50×70 cm and not less than 15×21 cm.
Mandatory dates attached in the shipment (see the table below):
- Author’s name and last name:
- Exact adress:
- Title of the work:
- Work’s dimensions:
- Date of the work (max. 2 years old):
- Along with the properly filled in membership form, a “Curriculum Vitae” should accompany the works, including name, artist’s date of birth, as well as the corresponding fee.
If you are a resident of Slovenia, the fee is 35 EUR.
If you are a resident of the EU, the fee is 55 EUR.
If you are not a resident of the EU, the fee is 65 EUR or 70 USD.
Please, make the payment via Bank Transfer to Lokarjeva gallery account:
The name of the addressee on the bank account:
Iban: SI56 0444 4000 3138 736
(bank: “Nova KBM d.d.”)
This fee gives the right to receive the catalogue of the corresponding edition.
- The Jury will select the works to be exhibited, the names of the accepted artists will be published on our web site http://lokarjevagalerija.splet.arnes.si/ (Castra 2017)
- The Jury will select 7 winning watercolours by the end of May and will acknowledge the winners about the award.
The first prize – 1200 EUR
Second prize – 900 EUR
Third prize – 700 EUR
Fourth prize – 600 EUR
Fifth prize – 500 EUR
Sixth prize – Solo exhibition at the Lokar Gallery
Under the Slovenian legislation, the prizes have a 25 % tax. The winning watercolours will remain to the organizer regardless the price. Besides the prizes, the jury will also issue seven diplomas.
- The exhibition in Ajdovščina will be open from August 25th to September 30th.
- The catalog will be sent to artists along with their watercolour.
- The Lokarjeva Gallery reserves the rights to reproduce and exhibit any work accepted, for promotional or cultural purposes.
- Although all works will be handled with maximum care, the Lokarjeva Gallery will assume no responsibility for any damage or loss that may occur. The works that do not adhere exactly to these rules, will not be sent back.
- Participation in the exhibition implies the acceptance of the above conditions.